This morning I woke up with a coffee cake craving like non other. On a morning like this, I usually head over to the cabinet, grab my recipe box, and start cooking.
My “usual” recipe is basically an overload of sugar’s and butter. It melts in your mouth and you cant seem to keep up with how fast your spoon is moving to shovel that good stuff in.
Paleo Friendly Coffee Cake
- 1/2 c. Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. Local Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 c. Almond Flour
- 1/2 c. Arrowroot powder or Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 TBSP Water
- 1 1/2 TBSP Coconut or Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 TBSP Cinnamon
- 1/4 c. Coconut Oil
- 3 TBSP Honey
- Heat oven to 325*
- In a large mixing bowl mix together dry ingredients with a whisk until well incorporated.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- Grease a 8×8 pan and pour in cake mix
- In a separate bowl combine all cinnamon swirl ingredients. Spoon overtop of cake batter and use a knife to swirl all over leaving streaks. The end product should have cinnamon swirl mix throughout.
- Place in oven and cook for 25 minutes or until cake tester/toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before eating or if your like me….burn your mouth and eat two pieces before that 10 minutes elapse 🙂