Usually when I think of Brushetta I think of an amazing tomato and basil concoction over-top of a toasted buttered piece of baguette bread…. Not chicken. But when I stopped to think about it. It sounded amazing. And it would also hopefully fulfill the craving I was having thinking about Brushetta all day.
As for the side dish I originally planned a salad. But my salad loving husband decided to eat it for lunch instead 🙂 So Asparagus it turned out to be. Which ended up being better!
- 1 package Chicken Breasts (organic if available)
- 1 large beefsteak tomato
- 5-6 leaves of sweet basil (flakes are fine, as we used since fresh was unavailable)
- Olive oil (can use coconut oil)
- Wash chicken, pat dry, slice each breast in half.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Get pan heated on medium high. Cook chicken on each side until cooked (about 10-15 minutes or 170*)
- While chicken is cooking, dice up tomatoes and basil. Toss in a tsp of Olive oil or coconut oil. Set aside.
- Turn pan to low. Top chicken with Tomato/Basil mix. Place lid overtop of pan. And let heat for 5 minutes.
- Let chicken sit for 5 minutes so juices don’t escape 🙂
- 1 bundle of Asparagus
- 1 tsp Olive Oil or coconut oil
- Sprinkle of Tony Chachere’s or your preferred seasoning
- -Wash Asparagus and snap off dead ends.
- -Heat pan on medium high heat. Add asparagus, olive oil and seasoning.
- -Toss around occasionally for 5-7 minutes or until tender.